Cooking Our Hallacas
We sell our hallacas frozen and you should also keep them in the freezer until it's the time to cook them. Their cooking time is 35 mins.
1) Choose a pan that is big enough to hold the number of hallacas you want to cook. Once chosen, fill it with water and bring the water to boil. Tip: Don't fill it with too much water though, remember that you will put the hallacas in the pan soon after. You don't want the boiling water to overflow.
2) Take hallacas from the freezer and submerge them into the boiling water. Ensure that the water covers the hallacas so that they can cook thoroughly.
3) Let the hallacas boil for 40 mins (either meat or vegan ones). Tip: Turn them over from time to time to ensure they cook well.
4) When the time is up, take the hallacas out and let them rest for 3 min. Cut the white string and dispose of the plantain leaves that the hallacas come wrapped in. Tip: Handle them with care as they can still be very hot and they can slip from your hands too.
5) Serve them flat on a plate and they are ready to eat. We highly recommend you accompany your hallaca with slices of Pan de Jamón that we also sell here on our Arepa Shop.